Just last week, Amazon announced its Best Books of the Year So Far list. Since it’s only July, obviously the books selected were released only between January and June 2012. The annual exercise sees Amazon’s editors pick their favorite books overall, as well as the top 10 in a number of popular genres such as romance, mystery and thrillers, and young adult, among others.
At the top of the list of top mystery novels is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which also occupies one of the top spots in the Top 20 list. (It is ranked second.) Other books on the top mystery novels list include Ace Atkins’ Spenser novel Lullaby (the first one written since Robert B. Parker’s death with the blessing of his estate), Mark Allen Smith’s debut novel The Inquisitor, as well as offerings from veteran authors Lisa Gardner and Phillip Kerr
Amazon’s Top Ten Mystery Books of the Year (So Far) are (in order of popularity):
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Istanbul Passage by Joseph Kanon
- Defending Jacob by William Landay
- Robert B. Parker’s Lullaby by Ace Atkins
- Prague Fatale by Phillip Kerr
- Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
- Catch Me by Lisa Gardner
- Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton
- The Inquisitor by Mark Allen Smith
- Agent 6 by Tom Rob Smith
Is your favorite mystery novel on the list? Would you have chosen the top ten differently? Let us know?